Dr. Oscar Marroquin has been named senior vice president, UPMC, and president, UPMC Physician Services Division, including president of University of Pittsburgh Physicians (UPP). He will oversee UPP and Community Medicine, encompassing more than 5,000 employed physicians and staff.
Marroquin is currently UPMC’s chief health care data and analytics officer, overseeing a team of information technology architects, analysts, statisticians and data scientists focused on applying “big data” approaches to measure and predict clinical outcomes.
As a practicing cardiologist at the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute, Marroquin has focused his research and clinical interests on interventional cardiology and heart disease in women.
Marroquin joins other extraordinary UPMC physician leaders and clinical chairs, who are all dedicated to further enhancing clinical outcomes, innovation, research and overall excellence.
- – Dr. Timothy Billiar is UPMC’s chief scientific officer and focuses on clinical care and research-related advancements at UPMC, UPMC Enterprises and the Immune Transplant and Therapy Center. He also serves as the associate senior vice chancellor for clinical academics at the University of Pittsburgh.
- – Dr. Robert Edwards serves as chief medical officer of UPMC’s newly created Community and Ambulatory Services Division, where his focus is on expanding and streamlining access to primary care, outpatient specialty services, ambulatory, in-home services and other non-hospital-based services.
- – Dr. Aman Mahajan is UPMC Enterprises’ senior vice president of health innovation, where he provides clinical and operational leadership to identify and develop various commercialization opportunities.
- – Dr. Joel Nelson is appointed to the newly created role as UPMC’s chief clinical officer and will help to support UPMC’s quality enhancement initiatives, service line development and growth initiatives across the region. He will also continue to serve as chief medical officer of UPMC International.
- – Dr. James Schuster serves as chief medical officer, UPMC Insurance Services Division, providing leadership for its medical services, as well as strategies that integrate medical and behavioral health.
- – Dr. Francis Solano continues in his role as president of Community Medicine, UPMC’s network of community-based primary care and ambulatory specialty physicians.
- – Dr. Marshall Webster continues in his present role, focusing on matters related to Graduate Medical Education, physician recruitment and practices, cultivating physician relationships and enhancing collaboration with community hospitals.
- – Dr. Donald Yealy serves as UPMC’s chief medical officer, supporting UPMC hospitals’ vice presidents of medical affairs and the medical staffs of UPMC’s 40 hospitals across Pennsylvania, New York and Maryland.
“We are fortunate to work with so many talented physician leaders and clinical chairs throughout UPMC,” said Leslie C. Davis, UPMC president and CEO. “Our close relationship with Dr. Anantha Shekhar and other University of Pittsburgh colleagues helps us to advance the success of UPMC regionally and across the globe. These are exciting times as we continue to build upon our scale and scope by improving access, affordability, quality and the experience of everyone we serve in each and every community that says ’UPMC’.”
Journalists interested in learning more can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.