In December, WCA Hospital officially became part of UPMC and was renamed UPMC Chautauqua WCA.
This is UPMC’s first hospital in the state of New York, and its first U.S. hospital outside of Pennsylvania. UPMC Chautauqua WCA provides high-quality inpatient, outpatient and emergency department services for the residents of Jamestown and surrounding communities.
The partnership between UPMC Chautauqua WCA, UPMC and UPMC Hamot will result in a regionally coordinated approach to delivering comprehensive, specialized health care services locally. As part of the agreement, UPMC will invest at least $25 million over the next 10 years to support WCA’s mission. UPMC has also agreed to relieve WCA’s debt and cover its pension obligations, freeing up significant additional capital for development of WCA.
- The Facts Behind the Highmark Contract Dispute
- Name Tags, Networking and New Opportunities
- How UPMC is Expanding its Living-Donor Liver…
- UPMC Shuttle Operators Set the Tone for the Workday
- UPMC, Highmark Agree On New Long-Term, In-Network Contract
- Better Practice, Better Care for Victims of Sexual Assault