Husband and wife duo Dr. Jeffrey Gusenoff, a UPMC plastic surgeon, and Dr. Beth Gusenoff, a podiatrist, recently sat down with UPMC’s Cyndy Patton to discuss their innovative new treatment for chronic plantar fasciitis. This condition results in ongoing heel pain due to inflammation of the plantar fascia tissue, which connects the heel to the toes.
To treat this condition, the Gusenoffs inject a small amount of a patient’s own fat into the plantar fascia tissue, resulting in decreased pain and improved quality of life for those who were previously suffering debilitating pain.
Listen to learn more about this minimally invasive treatment option available exclusively at UPMC.
To get more stories like this directly to your inbox, subscribe to our weekly Inside Life Changing Medicine newsletter at bit.ly/upmc_newsletter.
- Lead in hunted meat: Who’s telling hunters and their…
- Robotic Surgery Continues its Expansion at UPMC
- UPMC Plastic Surgeon Elected Chair of National Board
- Comparing Risks and Costs for Biopsies in Women with…
- New Emphysema Treatment Successfully Improves Lives…
- A Father’s Past, Son’s Love and a Brand New Start