UPMC cares for the people of western Pennsylvania and beyond. Just how much care is that?
UPMC projected the amount of clinical care that would be delivered between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017.
Here’s a snapshot of the clinical care numbers for fiscal year 2017:
- Average number of patients in hospitals each day: 4,000.
- More than 870,000 visits to the emergency departments were clocked.
- The health system did more than 200,000 surgeries, including 650 transplants.
- Over 1,200,000 specialty prescriptions were filled.
- The Home Health staff made 800,000 home visits.
- Clinics, doctors’ offices, rehab centers and other outpatient services had more than 3,900,000 visits.