So how do we help spread the word about these misconceptions? Let’s take a page from star wide receiver, Antonio Brown, and Retweet to ReThink!
Retweet to ReThink will use #RTtoReThink to spread the word via social media about concussions as a treatable injury, if in the right hands.
To get started:
- Visit the ReThink Concussions site and click on the Retweet to ReThink banner.
- Download and print one of the concussion fact signs, sign your name, and take a picture of yourself holding the sign.
- Post your image to your social media accounts using the hashtag #RTtoReThink, and choose a caption or create your own as you share your post.
- Be sure to tag UPMC in your post.
- The more you share, the more you spread awareness and education about concussion treatment.
When Antonio had his own concussion scare this past season, he sought treatment at UPMC Sports Medicine. Antonio partnered with the #RTtoReThink campaign to help educate others about concussions. Please join us and Antonio in spreading the word about concussions and changing the conversation permanently.
Visit the ReThink Concussions site today to learn more about concussions and treatment, and read other patient stories.